Monday, January 24, 2011

Handy Bread Making Tip

I'm new to making homemade bread from scratch. It's only last year that I decided to tie on my trusty apron and dive into a recipe that always terrified me. 20 or more loaves later, I don't know why I was so scared! I got the recipe from Suzanne on her blog Chickens in the Road. If you visit her blog, just do a search for Grandmother Bread and you'll find all kinds of recipes for different kinds of bread.

Here is a photo of some of the first loaves of raisin bread I made.


Anyhow, back to the tip I learned today. I was catching up on the blogs I visit and Monica over at The Mennobrarian had a post about making bread and she shared this handy tip -You want your water temperature to activate the yeast; too cold and it won't, too hot and it will kill it.

 I never knew this so it's something to keep in mind when making homemade bread. 
Thanks Suzanne and Monica!  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Connie! Your bread looks YUMMY! I wish I could stop by to share in a slice! Thanks for sharing about Chicken in the Road!

    ReplyDelete